Content Source : Family Healing/Therapy Retreats
The Family Matters workshop is designed to assist members of a family with establishing a supportive and healthy recovery environment by encouraging them to be authentic, communicate productively, utilize boundaries, and function in a healthy fashion. During this workshop, family members learn how co-dependent behaviors, trauma, mood disorders, and/or addictions can impact a family system. Family members develop tools to successfully enhance recovery and a relational family system. The primary goal of the Family Matters Workshop is to help members bridge the gaps that have plagued the family system.
The Family Dynamic
The Family Matters Workshop is important because it can:
- Teach family members about how families function in general and, in particular, how their own functions.
- Help the family focus less on the member(s) who has/have been identified as ill and focus more on the family as a whole.
- Help to identify conflicts and anxieties and helps the family develop strategies to resolve them.
- Strengthen all family members so they can work on their problems together.
- Teach ways to handle conflicts and changes within the family differently. Sometimes the way family members handle problems makes them more likely to develop symptoms.